ED ToolBox is a companion app web app that runs on the user's computer, allowing a virtually real-time updating of location based data.
The ED ToolBox installer sets up a basic web server (Apache, MySQL and PHP) on the user's computer and installs a simple manager to easily control the server. EDTB will be accessed trough the user's web browser.
- Real time system and station data based on your in-game location
- The data is downloaded to the user's system from the ED ToolBox server, which in turn gets its data from EDDB.
- By connecting to the FD API from the Settings panel, you also get real-time information about:
- Current balance
- Ship status (health, fuel and cargo)
- General & System specific captains log
- Write down observations and other information.
- System Map
- Map bodies in a system and get approximate value of system in Universal Cartographics. Also available online.
- Two maps
- Galaxy Map (using the ED3D Galaxy Map plugin)
- A dynamically updating "Neighborhood Map", which shows points of interest etc. near to you.
- Add Points of Interest Bookmark systems
- Visited a cool system? Bookmark it!
- Find nearest system/station
- Find nearest systems and stations by allegiance, power, or what modules or ships they are selling.
- For example, find the nearest Li Yong-Rui system that sells the Anaconda to take advantage of the 15 % discount.
- Screenshot gallery
- Screenshots can be automatically converted to jpg and categorized by the system they were taken in.
- Option to upload to Imgur straight from ED ToolBox.
- VoiceAttack module: Meet Marvin, the foul mouthed ship computer
- Get information about the system you're currently in.
- Find out where the nearest station.
- GalNet articles with voice commands.
- A quick example of Marvin on YouTube.
- A notepad for taking some quick notes
- For example to write down mission directives, kill orders etc.
- Custom database tables
- You can add custom tables to the database and use the Data Point page to collect any kind of information imaginable during your escapades in the galaxy.
- Read latest GalNet news.
- Calculate distances.
The best way to enjoy ED ToolBox is to run Elite Dangerous in borderless window mode and have a second monitor for ED ToolBox so you can see information at a glance and interact with ED ToolBox easily. Run ED ToolBox in full screen mode (press F11) for maximum coolness. You can even access ED ToolBox from a secondary device such as your smart phone or tablet as long as it's in the same local network.