News & updates
Official -- 3rd Party Devs Submission Form
Subscribe to the Frontier contact list.
You are a developper of a 3rd party tool ?
please fill this contact form on the official Forum.
SITE UPDATE -- Improved Announcements
Add a sidebar for multiple news sources.
Three new items in Annoucements sidebar:
1.the last message from the Dev (use multiple RSS sources for FD Forum & twitter),
2.latest submitted entries on EDCodex,
3.Hot threads on reddit.
Open Letter to Frontier
An open letter to get some news from Frontier Developments about the official API
Please check it here and support us.
SITE UPDATE -- Seasons content
Add "Seasons" util in "Toolbox" section.
Small tool to track related content from Reddit & Youtube for each Elite: Dangerous Seasons.
SITE UPDATE -- Ships
SITE UPDATE -- Ships
Elite: Dangerous ships list and related content
Add the new "Ships" utility in the toolbox menu:
- list of all ships with filters and basic data (using some json files from coriolis.io),
- detailed page for each ship with related thread on reddit & videos on youtube (using API)
- direct links to fit each ships on existing ED fitting tool (coriolis, edshipyard & roguey).
SITE UPDATE -- the "Toolbox" section.
ED Timeline & Sig generator
Today we open a new section for EDCodex: the "Toolbox".
We will try to fill it with new features to navigate throughout EDCodex entries in a different way. A little amount of new modules are in progress, we hope some of them will be useful to discover new contents for Elite. This week we released the two first tools for the new Toolbox section:
E: D Timeline: A timeline of Elite: Dangerous major releases with a list of related submitted entries. I try with this new feature to give an summary of useful thing to know for each release.
Signature generator: Not related to EDCodex entries but an member of the community ask for it: a Signature generator for users who want to support EDCodex (or for those who will find our sig nice).
There is two kind of sig: 1. the main EDCodex banner, 2. a personalized banner to fit to your Cmdr profile.
SITE UPDATE -- Live streamings
Live streams on Twitch
EDCodex updated with a new feature: current live streams on Twitch (updated every 10mins)
Live Streams can be filtered by language or by keyword (Exploration, CQC...).
Site update -- "Most popular" feature
New feature -- Popularity
Now it's possible to sort entries by favorites popularity. Explanation: It was already possible, for registered users, to add entries as favorite to their favorites list in their personal space - one of the perks of having registered and being logged in. Now for each entry we can see how many people have added that entry as favorite.
In addition on each entries list (ie all, trading, logbook) its now possible to sort entries by popularity. In a way its an indicator of how popular an entry is.
EDCodex 1.0 has been publicly released
EDCodex public release on the 17th of August
We are very proud to announce the official release of EDCodex on the 17th of August. Work on the website started in March and finally the wait is over. Entering all entries manually has been an enormous timesink. The pre-release phase was succesfull. No issues were reported by the invited authors. Quite a few authors have edited their entry/entries. Also a few feature requests have been made. Most have been implemented by biobob, one is currently on the roadmap.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY EDCODEX AND FIND IT USEFULL:
Edcodex pre-release phase started on the 6th of August.
Authors of entries in EDCodex have been sent an invitation to edit their entries before release.
On the 6th of August EDCodex.info entered the pre-release phase. Purpose: invitating all authors who have an entry in edcodex (all entered manually by the two admins) to edit,enhance their entries before release, providing feedback, make feature requests (perhaps info fields are missing). On the 6th and 7th of August all Tool authors received an invitation by PM. On the 8th and 9th of August all other authors have been send an inivitation. We still have a handfull authors for which we haven´t been able to track down their name. Should you find such an entry and you know the author please contact us so we can send an invitation. Most entries have set the author name to edc_ubknown.
Site update -- 10th of August
New feature -- Images for entries
Now it's possible to add one or more images with optional captions on entries. At this time, we don't host images (we've think about it, maybe later) but it's possible to add some links of images hosted on a external service.
Site update -- 9th of June
Site update: Moderating entries.
On each entry for moderators and admins we got a button to enable/disable the entry, moderator got an acces to a limited admin menu : only history and a new page : moderated tools so new page in admin to see all moderated entries, in history and moderated tool add a link on each entry to directly go to the entry. So moderator accounts are now fully functionnal. Add a new sort : most updated tool (a tool updated multiple times the same will be count as one single up
What's new on reddit
- [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 23, 2020)
- Elite Dangerous Lore Tour - FAQ and Draft Itinerary (and gratuitous youtube video) now online.
- Wife is visiting a friend with the baby, I have two hours of free time. Do I play Elite in VR? Or do I watch my XFL team play their home opener? The correct answer is both.
- Designed the merch I want. Shiny enamel pin badges!
- After getting Elite in combat 2 days ago, I needed the last 16% of Exploration, did some ELW routed today, and now Triple Elite!
- Truck drivers can be space pilots too!
- Another Krait Escape - Leamiae LS-T e3-3317
- Drew Wagar called it 4 years ago
- Well thats... a unusual sight.
- Got to see my first capital ship in person while observing a fight.
- After 2.5 weeks out in the black I finally found an Earth Like World.
- Elite 1984 on a Postage stamp (the highlight of a very boring morning sorting packets). Cultural icon achievement unlocked.