This app downloads your Cmdr's details and system, faction, scan and station data from the game Elite: Dangerous and, at your choice, either:
- sends station commodity market prices, other station data, system and faction information and body scan data to the Elite Dangerous Data Network ("EDDN") from where you and others can use it via online trading, prospecting and shopping tools such as eddb, Elite Trade Net, Inara, ED-TD, Rogueys, etc.
- sends your Cmdr's details, ship details, cargo, materials and flight log to Elite: Dangerous Star Map.
- sends your Cmdr's details, ship details, cargo, materials, missions, community goal progress, and flight log to Inara.
- saves station commodity market prices to files on your computer that you can load into trading tools such as Trade Dangerous, Inara, mEDI's Elite Tools, etc.
- saves a record of your ship loadout to files on your computer that you can load into outfitting tools such as E:D Shipyard, Coriolis or Elite Trade Net.
- You can run the app on the same machine on which you're running Elite: Dangerous or on another machine connected via a network share.
The user-interface is deliberately minimal - your choice of data is automatically downloaded, transmitted and/or saved when you land at a station, jump to a system or scan a body.
Click on the system name to go to its Elite: Dangerous Star Map (“EDSM”) entry in your web broswer.
Click on the station name to go to its Elite: Dangerous Database (“eddb”) entry in your web broswer.
- Requires Mac OS 10.9 or later.
- Download the .zip archive of the latest release.
- The zip archive contains the EDMarketConnector app - move this app to Applications or wherever you want it.
- Double-click on the app to run it.
- Requires Windows 7 or later.
- Download the .msi package of the latest release.
- Double-click on it to install.
- Run Elite Dangerous Market Connector from the Start Menu or Start Screen.
The first time that you run the app you are prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher, and is required so that the Frontier servers can send the app your data and the data for the station that you are docked at.
You can also choose here what data to save, whether to “Update” Cmdr and station data automatically on docking and/or with a hotkey, and whether to attach your Cmdr name or a pseudo-anonymized ID to the data.
You will be prompted to authenticate with a “verification code”, which you will shortly receive by email from Frontier. Note that each “verification code” is one-time only - if you enter the code incorrectly or quit the app before authenticating you will need to wait for Frontier to send you a new code.
If you are not prompted to authenticate, but instead see the message “Error: Invalid Credentials” then choose the menu option EDMarketConnector → Preferences (Mac) or File → Settings (Windows) and double-check your username and password.