The galaxy is chock-full of different petty governments and fiefdoms just waiting to slap a fine or bounty on you, as well as greasy hunters sniffing at your vapour trail, looking to cash in on your sorry hide. Back in the day, fuel scooping a little aggressively or making bad puns would get a price put on your head in some systems, but a couple hundred years of those rascally space lawyers twisting regional laws beyond understanding must have ticked off enough people. Nowadays most inhabited space has adopted a pretty consistent set up. It’s still a confusing mess of ‘goid excrement, but at least it’s predictable. Do yourself a favor and paste this somewhere in your cockpit, and you’ll save yourself from having a bounty killer trying to lase your ass for that little docking dust-up you forgot to pay off a week and a half ago.
Uncle Jack Shaftoe's Guide to Crime & Punishment (updated to 3.0.4)
Infographic flow-chart explaining fines and bounties in Elite: Dangerous.
- Mar 28, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Minor formatting tweak
- Mar 28, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Updated with Pilot's Federation Bounty and 'hot' module cleaning cost.
- Mar 27, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Updated to reflect Elite: Dangerous versions 3.0.3 and 3.0.4
- View more ...
- Mar 7, 2018 (JackShaftoe) removal of images of old versions
- Mar 7, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Updated after 3.0.2
- Mar 2, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Adding updated dark version
- Mar 2, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Adjusted flowchart to allow paying off fines at Security Contact, regardless of Cmdr Notoriety.
- Mar 1, 2018 (JackShaftoe) Updating for changes to Elite: Dangerous 3.0
- Mar 1, 2018 (JackShaftoe) (archiving due to guide being out-of date with E: D version 3.0. See new Uncle Jack's Guide)
- Aug 29, 2015 (JackShaftoe) First revision
Source: Ed Lewis' post on Frontier Forums: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/407608-Crime-and-Punishment-in-Beyond-Chapter-One