This is just a summary of the features. Please refer to the feature guide document for a full description of all the features, or the user manual for comprehensive documentation.
Odyssey engineering now supported!
As well as graphical enhancements, is tool is a must for explorers as it gathers the most useful information in real time as they enter a system.
Publish and share your cockpit custom consoles
Browse consoles created by others and quickly install them
Design your own custom cockpit layouts
- Built-in designer
- Up to 8 displays
- Edit your own speech synthesis phrases
Mission Log - enhancements
- Quick filters for miners looking for highest selling stations (Void Opals, LTD, etc)
- Fleet carrier filter (removes them the database searches)
Simulated Space Station Radio Chatter
- Enhances supercruise and system space trips with background simulated station chatter.
- Voices synthesised and passed through multiple audio filters to make the sounds more "authentic" and suitable for that classic NASA chatter.
- Other ambient sounds intermix with the chatter and pan around your speakers.
- Included - NASA's Apollo 11 Moon landing transcript
- A simple, fully customisable script / "langauage"
Ship module loadout and Engineering
- View ship loadouts via interactive displays.
- Engineering module information displayed
- View locations of modules, eg powerplant to discover vunerabilities
POI / Navigation Heading Assistant
- Enhances supercruise trips with background simulated chatter.
- Use the user interface and set your own logitude and latitude settings
- Fully automatic calculation of the heading (once you approach the target planet)
- An optional, overlay window can be position ontop of Elite Dangerous
- Plot routes from your mission list
- Manual route plotting - create your own waypoints
- Plot routes using neutron star boosts
- Plot routes on an in-built galaxy map
- Rotate, pan and zoom the plotted route
- System names copied to clipboard for easy entry into Elite
- Seamless transition into an Orrey view
- Beautifully rendered and animated view of the systems you have discovered
- Use the UI to quickly discover and visualise/filter the different kinds of planets
- Terraformed states
- Atmosphere types
- Atmosphere composition
- Composition type (Metallic/Rocky/Icy)
- Integrated into the Galaxy Map
- Visualise the orbit shapes, planet rotations, orbits, types and compositions
Customisable Cockpit Displays
- Cougar users can use the rocker switches to change aspects of the display dynamically
- Almost zero configuration. A single click of the mouse is all that is needed
- Runs minimised in the system tray.
- Simply click on the icon to bring up the menus to reconfigure settings, position windows, etc.
Text to Speech Synthesis
- Brings Elite Dangerous to life by making NPCs ‘talk’.
- Multiple pirates (up to 5 simultaneously) are given different (user defined) voices for automatic speech synthesis.
- Assign a unique synthetic voice as an assistant to your Elite COVAS voice.
- Assign a unique synthetic voice to use used by system authorities / police.
Visual and Audio Information Announcements
Performs cargo limpet checks when undocking:
- Prospector and cargo limpet controller
- Recon and repair limpets
- Hatch breaker limpets
- Crew member check for ships with SLF fighter hangar
- Conflict Zone warning
- Anarchy system warning
- High security system warning
- Compromised nav beacon announcement
- Hazardous Resource Extraction Site announcement
- High value targets announced – see piracy
- Hot Target announcements – see mercenary
- Low fuel level warningsv
- Docking rejection warnings, including the reason for refusal
- Notoriety level warnings
- Criminal activity warnings
- Capital ship presence
- Heading and distance visual indicator and Elite overlay HUD
- Landing pad docking assistant
- Mining assistant – information on prospected asteroids
- Docking assistant – information on available services
- Target ship assistant – shield/hull health, legal status, Cmdr name, human player indicator
- Notification of impending (NPC) interdiction
- Notification of remaining jumps to final destination
- Notice board with the 10 most recent announcements
Fleet Carrier Support
- Audio and visual warning of impending decommission
- Tracking of carrier finances
- Tracking of carrier crew/roles
Mission Running Game play additions
- Use the Mission Explorer module to optimise routes
- Auto calculate the fastest route between systems
- Auto searches for optimal station to buy mission cargo
Piracy / Mercenary Game play additions
- Ships equipped with cargo manifest scanners – visual and audio indication of ships with high value
- cargo (this feature is currently waiting for Frontier to address a missing event in the Journal logs)
- Targets with a bounty are highlighted and announced
- Entry into High security systems is announced
- Hatch breaker linpet checks on undock
Bounty Hunting Game play additions
- Record and search for systems with Compromised Navigation Beacons (CNB) and Hazardous Resource Extraction sites (HAZ Res)
- Missing SLF pilot check and announcement
Mining Game play addition
Ships equipped for mining:
- Limpet check reminder upon undocking
- Tracks minerals refined (per session)
- Tracks current limpet count (per session)
- Display of the cargo total, remaining limpets and materials refined
- Mining assistant – information on prospected asteroids
- Hostpot record and search - automatically shows on jump
- Graphical effect for planetary landings
- Automatic switching to suitable consoles when in Analysis mode
- Automatic screenshot to PNG converter, including renaming the files
- Commander’s Log – Captures a log of strange and interesting systems encountered on your journey.
- Automatic console switching
- Search and record POI signal sources
- Bookmark star systems
- One - click automatic key binding and synchronisation between Elite and EDCD application.
- With once click, all the key bindings required by this application are brought over to Elite by replacing unused bindings, or, as a fall-back, secondary keyboard bindings.
Customisable COVAS Assistant Voices
- Select your preferred Windows TTS voice to accompany COVAS.
- Select other voices for system authority vessels and select/deselect voices for use by NPCs.
- Built-in utility included for voice selection and testing.
- Methods available for the possible expansion of available voices for all users of Windows 10! See the separate guide on this topic.
Flexible Screen Layouts
- Position the output windows on any monitor.
- Re-size the windows and margins so that the rendered output matches the dimensions of the secondary monitors.
- Switch roles between the consoles.
- Plenty of tweakable settings to adjust colours and layout positioning and element sizing.
- Add / remove icons, rebind keys, show or hide labels