This small companion app to the game Elite Dangerous automatically controls the button lights on your Saitek X52 Pro joystick so that they reflect the current state of your ship or SRV in the game.
The app monitors the state of the following:
- Landing gear deployed
- Cargo scoop open
- External lights activated
- Frame shift drive (FSD) charging
- Silent running activated
- Hardpoints deployed
- Night vision activated
Where a game control for these items is bound to a button on the joystick, the button light will indicate the following states:
- Inactive - Green (Off) - Not currently activated but can be activated
- Active - Amber (On) - Currently activated
- Blocked - Red (Off) - Cannot be activated
- Alert - Flashing Red/Amber (Flashing) - May need to be activated urgently
An example blocked state is FSD activation while mass-locked. Examples of alert states include heat sinks when overheating and undeployed landing gear after docking permission has been granted.
The overall game state also determines how each state is mapped to a colour, meaning different colours are used when hardpoints are deployed as to normal.